After last week’s warm spell, the glut of British-grown berries have finally arrived. Next time you see a big punnet of blueberries on offer, snap them up and make this crumble for a summer dessert with friends.
- 150g plain flour
- 75g oats
- 150g butter or dairy free spread, softened
- 75g demerara sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamon
- 30g walnuts, crushed into small pieces
- 450g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Zest of one lemon
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Preheat and oven to 160C, and grease a pudding dish. If using frozen blueberries, take them out of the freezer so they can partly defrost.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar and butter, either by rubbing by hand, or by pulsing through a food processor. You want to have a sandy consistency that clumps together when pressed. Add the cardamon and walnuts to the crumble mix.
- Tip the blueberries into the pudding dish, and sprinkle over the cornflour, lemon zest and sugar. Top with the crumble mix.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until turning golden on top and the blueberry layer starts to bubble through.
Pin the recipe now to save for later, and let me know if you make it!