Peanut butter cups combine two of my favourite things: nut butter and chocolate. In the new Deliciously Ella cookbook, there is a spin on the classic PB, with a granola base. I’ve adapted this recipe to include a pumpkin twist that I hope you enjoy!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Granola Cups
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Elle Coales
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup / 150g smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup / 50g pumpkin puree (if you cant get this in tins, just blend up steamed or roasted squash)
- 2 tbsp / 50g syrup (try coconut nectar, maple or date syrup)
- 2 cups / 180g oat granola
- 1/4 cup / 55 ml coconut oil, melted
- Line a 12 cupcake tin with paper wrappers.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Whilst the chocolate melts, stir together the peanut butter, pumpkin and syrup together. The pumpkin should thicken the peanut butter, but if it is still very runny you might need to add 1/2 tsp of arrowroot or cornflour to thicken it.
- In a food processor, blitz up the granola as finely as you can. Then pour in the coconut oil.
- Press around a tablespoon of the granola mix into the base of each cupcake case. Then add a teaspoon of the peanut butter mix, flattening it down slightly. Finally, pour over a tablespoon of melted chocolate, or as much as needed to cover the base.
- Allow to cool and set on the side, at least to start off with as cooling chocolate in the fridge will make it go dull in appearance. Transfer into a airtight tin and store in a cool cupboard or the fridge.
Ingredients: I used Coconut Merchant’s coconut nectar “honey” for the syrup, and coconut oil; Pip and Nut’s peanut butter, and Green and Black’s dark chocolate.