This feels like a bit of a throwback as I’m not sure when I last posted a smoothie recipe! I realised that I had a lot of salted caramel flavoured things in my fridge and pantry so decided to put it all together in one bowl. If you don’t have the products mentioned, I have some alternative ideas to still get that gorgeous salted caramel flavour.
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 date
- ½ cup Coyo salted caramel flavour
- ½-1 scoop Misfits salted caramel vegan protein
- Oat or other plant milk, as needed.
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ½ cup steamed then frozen veg such as califlower or courgette (skip if you don't like the taste!)
- 1-2 tsp nut butter (I love Almighty Food's peanut and cashew Carmello flavours for this!)
- Berries or other fruit
- Granola or museli
- Extra nuts and seeds
- Blitz up the banana and date into a food blender until mostly smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients. Add a splash of milk if needed.
- Once smooth, scoop into a bowl and add any toppings that you'd like!
If you have another salted caramel yoghurt or protein powder, then of course use them! If you can't find salted caramel flavours, use plain or vanilla. You can get a bit of a caramel-sweetness from dates and maca, but you can also find salted caramel flavourings or stevia drops in both supermarkets and health food shops.
I work with Missfits in an ongoing partnership on a gifting basis. If you’d like to try any of their products you can use the code Eleanor5 for £5 off all orders over £15. I do receive a commission from any sales made with this link. All other ingredients have been bought myself, or given to me by friends.